Short Marijuana Plants – What Makes Them Special?
This collection is ideal for those looking to purchase “short weed” seeds. Short cannabis plants are more manageable than large ones, so these compact strains could be suitable for beginners looking to progress onto intermediate strains.
Here are some facts on short height strains from this collection:
- Small to medium – the strains in this collection have a relatively small stature, but what they lack in height, they more than make up for in heavy yields.
- These mini weed plant seeds are perfect for growing in SoG setups.
- In this collection, you’ll find both autoflowering and photoperiod strains of short height.
Short Marijuana Plants: Indoor or Outdoor-Suitable?
Here we have selected compact, short, and even "dwarf" cannabis strains, all of which rarely exceed one meter (3’3”) in height. These small-growing weed seeds are more than suitable for both indoor and outdoor cultivation enthusiasts.
Outdoor plants tend to be larger than indoor plants regardless, so discreet outdoor growers may therefore want to pick short cannabis strains that will stay relatively small. Tall grass and close-growing shrubs will easily hide the plantation of short weed plants from prying eyes!
Dwarf strains are also a favorite of growers who don’t have outdoor space for cultivation and want to plant cannabis in a modest grow box. Besides, small marijuana plants are ideal for low attic spaces, patios, and even windowsills!
The final height of the plant is extremely important. This is especially true for indoor growers, as it directly affects how much vertical height is required in the tent, and therefore the number of lights and their intensity. A compact cannabis strain with good genetics will always stay under the height indicated by the breeder, which means there’ll be no danger of light burn or light stress if you plan your tent correctly.
Tips for Growing Small Cannabis Strains
Most of the small weed plant seeds on this list are autoflowering strains, which is no surprise, as this cannabis type is known for its short stature:
- To harvest the biggest yield possible from your short autoflowering plant, try keeping it under a constant 20/4 light schedule.
- While small cannabis plants of autoflowering strains aren’t suitable for HST, you can still apply LST to improve their yields even more.
Photoperiod short cannabis plants tend to have Indica-dominant genetics and are very heavy in foliage. Therefore, defoliation of fan leaves is recommended in the vegetative stage to allow light to penetrate further down into the canopy and increase the number of bud sites. Here are some more tips:
- With photoperiod strains, if you want to make your small marijuana plants even smaller, try microgrowing. You can learn about this on our blog.
- Even the smallest cannabis plant, in the case of photoperiods, can withstand all training techniques if done properly – use these to increase yields.
These Strains are Small, but Only in Size!
Small size doesn't have to mean small yields! This lineup of short-height strains features varieties capable of rewarding a caring gardener with up to 650g/m2 (2.13oz/ft2) indoors, up to 800g (1.8lb) per plant outdoors, and up to 1kg (2.2lbs) in a greenhouse!
The potential levels of THC in these small weed plant seeds are also up there with their larger counterparts! Browse the collection, and you’ll see THC levels that easily go over 20%.
What are the Pros of Short Marijuana Plants?
Experienced cannabis growers assure us that short strains have more pros than cons. These pros include:
- Reduced costs. The smaller the growing area of the bush, the less lamp power will be required, which means a smaller electricity bill. Also, short weed plants will require a smaller pot, meaning less soil and fertilizers.
- Discreet growing. You don't need to waste time finding a suitable inconspicuous place to plant small growing weed seeds. It’s easy to hide a small grow op almost anywhere. At home, you can reap the harvest straight from a closet, a mini-growbox, or even a PC case!
- Unpretentious and easy to grow. Short weed plants are easier to control, can be moved around when needed, and can still be applied training on.
Are There Any Cons of Getting Short Weed Seeds?
The single disadvantage of growing short cannabis plants is their lower productivity in comparison with the bigger strains. However, this is still highly impressive given their compact size. As mentioned before, seeds in this collection of short cannabis strains yield up to 650g/m2 (2.13oz/ft2) indoors and up to 800g (1.8lb) per plant outdoors – enough to last a grower months of casual toking!
Look no Further for Seeds of Short Weed Plants!
Here at Herbies, you get the unbeatable advantage of multiplying your short weed seed haul with extra free seeds added to every order! And don’t forget about our stealth shipping option that’s perfect for discreet growers – no one will ever know what’s inside the unmarked package you receive.